Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Blogger and files

It occurred on my birthday. I was getting a lot of calls from friends expressing their wishes. I felt kind of guilty of not knowing the birthdays of half of those people. So, I decided to do something with my laptop that could remind me of friends' b'days. First I thought of documenting those in a text file. But then even a diary could do that job! So, I decided to go the 'C' way! I wanted to create an executable file that could do what I wanted.

To store data permanently, a file should be created for that. So, the first thing I did was a 'crash course' on file management using C. Now that I'm well equipped with those stuff essentially needed for creating my 'software' :P, the next thin I have to do is start coding! I'll be completing that work tomorrow and write about the outcome.

As I always like open source software I thought I could upload the file to this blog. Unfortunately blogger doesn't allow file hosting. In order to get that file available on the net, I would have to upload it to some page like the Google Pages service which is free! But as Google Pages has stopped signing up new users, the only option I have is to include the entire code in a post! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here.