Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Add an icon to the page title!

For long I wanted to change the "B" icon thats displayed alogside the title of every blogger blog and have a unique icon for this blog. As usual, i approached Google for help and found one too! Now let me write how I changed the usual icon and used this "T" (For Techster, ofcourse!) icon. The works involved in this are

(i) Create an icon
(ii) Uploaded it to any web server
(iii) Use that for your blogger blog

Instead of going for any web server, I preffered to use blogger for storing my image. Since blogger doesn't allow you to upload a ".ico" file, I used the 'KIconEdit(Using KDE 3.5.4-10.fc6 Fedora-Core)' application in our college's browsing centre to create a simple icon and saved it as a png file. Then I created a new post(not for publishing) and uploaded this png image there. I copied the location of this image. Finally I added the following code inside the head section of the html code (Goto Layout ---> Edit html) of my blog page.

Save the edits and view your blog. You'l be getting your new icon for the title! :)

Note:
(i) You can directly use a jpeg picture. Just upload the pic, copy its lopcation and add the given line of code
(ii) I've used a picture of the code here since blogger will take it as a html tag if I type it directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here.